Home / News

Second successive away draw for Blues

Matt Price

Saturday 9th December
The Blues, playing their second away match on the bounce, gained a valuable point away to Mildenhall Town in slippery, icy conditions more suited to Bolero than Ronaldo.

Despite a few first team players not available, it was the Blues that started on the front foot with Andy Freeman, Izzy Bademosi, Matt Price and Alfie Hilton all causing problems down the flanks.

Both teams had plenty of pressure, but the first chance was created by Freeman in a Waddle-esque run, jinking past four defenders and firing in a low cross that was dealt with by the Mildenhall defence.

After good pressure from down the left again from Freeman and Foster, the Blues were awarded a penalty in the 20th minute when Matty Hall was brought down after his drag back had fooled the home defender. Matt Price stepped up to fire his 18th goal of the season.

The hosts responded well to going behind but Blues defence, led superbly by Harry Gibbs, dealt with most attacks. The Mildenhall set-pieces. especially their long throws caused a few problems for the back line.

The lead could have extended after great work by Price released Hilton whose superb cross was just a fraction too high for Bademosi. Hall also had a rasping drive tipped wide by the Jacob Marsden and Price also nearly beat the keeper from near the half way line, but his attempt went narrowly over.

The temperature as it approached half time dropped dramatically and even the Mildenhall keeper kept asking our away supporters several times how long was left. It was freezing and despite a half time brandy to take the edge off and an amazing burger it did little to warm the cockles.

The second half the began with the hosts applying lots of pressure. Despite this the Blues broke several times but did not make the most of their opportunities. The equaliser on the 65th minute came somewhat out of the blue, a strike from Jake Kerins from 30-35 yards.

Both teams sensed victory and the match opened up. Brentwood goalkeeper Anthony Page kept the scores level, saving from a speculative drive at the second attempt. Despite Blues numerous breaks Marsden remained relatively untroubled.

As the match drew to a close, another counter attack by the Blues saw Daryl Robson through on goal but he took too long getting his shot away, resulting in the Marsden tipping over the bar.

In the end 1-1 was a fair result, neither side created enough chances to win.

Match Videos

Brentwood Town FC Match Videos

Match Galleries

Brentwood Town FC Match Galleries

Club Sponsors

Marriotts AssociatesSugar Hut

Sponsorship Packages Available

Looking to promote your business in conjunction with Brentwood Town Football Club? Then why not purchase one of our popular commercial packages. We have some great options available to suit all types of budget.
Find Out More...

Our web site uses cookies in order to give you the finest experience possible. You can learn more about this here.