Home / News

Three second half goals see Blues into next round of Trophy

Tony Stokes

Saturday 13th October

Three second half goals saw Brentwood comfortably overcome ten-man Marlow to progress to the next round of the FA Trophy.

Marlow’s Charlie Samuel looked a threat in the early stages and he twice tested Rob Budd with one fierce shot being tipped over the bar by the Blues goalkeeper.

The game was then marred by a melee half way through the first half, which resulted in the visitors Isaac Osei-Tutu being red-carded.

Soon after the game restarted, Alfie Hilton put Brentwood into a 32nd minute lead converting Kojo Apenteng’s cross from the left.

It was still an even game and Chris Ovenden went close to an equaliser with a header from Tristan Campbell before Marlow hit back two minutes before half time through the lively Charlie Samuel.

The visitors’ keeper Simon Grant saved well from Apenteng and Tony Stokes, but he was beaten by a fine header by Stokes who restored Brentwood’s lead from Luke Foster’s corner in the 59th minute. Stokes then set up the third goal ten minutes later, crossing for Mitchel Hunter to head back across goal where Charlee Hughes had a simple chance to score his first goal for the club.

Apenteng added the fourth goal two minutes from time finishing of another good move involving Hilton and Ayrton Coley.

Brentwood Town: Budd, Martin, Foster (Hunter 60), Levett, Gordon, Littlejohn, Apenteng, Mallett (Doyle 70), Hughes (Coley 76), Hilton, Stokes.

Match Videos

Brentwood Town FC Match Videos

Match Galleries

Brentwood Town FC Match Galleries

Club Sponsors

Marriotts AssociatesSugar Hut

Sponsorship Packages Available

Looking to promote your business in conjunction with Brentwood Town Football Club? Then why not purchase one of our popular commercial packages. We have some great options available to suit all types of budget.
Find Out More...

Our web site uses cookies in order to give you the finest experience possible. You can learn more about this here.